“This House Believes Iran is Just a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing”.
This was the title of the debate held at Oxford University on the 6th of March this year.
According to the website of Rabbi Shmuley Boteach who participated in the debate, there were four people on the proposition side and three on the side of the opposition.
On the side of of the proposition were:
- Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, known as “America’s Rabbi” and founder of the Oxford University L’Chaim Society
- Mayank Banerjee, Treasurer, St. John’s College
- Nazenin Ansari, exiled Iranian journalist and former President of the Foreign Press Association in London
- Dr. Alon Ben-Meir, a passionate proponent of the Arab Peace Initiative, regularly serving as diplomatic negotiator between Arab and Israeli officials
On the side of the opposition were:
- Crawford Jamieson, Librarian, Trinity College
- Shlomo Sand, Israeli historian and author of “The Invention of Jewish People
- Hooman Majd, Iranian-American journalist and author of “The Ayatollah’s Democracy”
The opposition won the debate by 50 votes.