There has recently been a concerted effort by the government of Benjaminn Netanyahu to convince the international community that Hamas and ISIS are the same.
Yes, they are both terrorist organizations. They are both anti – Israel.
However the differences between them are far bigger than the similarities.
I have listed their differences, in order of their importance in descending order.
- Hamas wants to take over Israel, ISIS wants to take over the World.
- Hamas has a military arm as well as a political party, ISIS only has a military wing. It does not have a political party.
- There are Christians living in Gaza under Hamas rule. ISIS is slaughtering anyone who is not Sunni and living under its rule.
- Hamas is negotiating indirectly with Israel. Its difficult to imagine ISIS doing this directly or indirectly.
- The level of cruelty between HAMAS and ISIS can not be compared. As nasty as Hamas is, it has not killed, raped and decapitated men and women on the same scale as ISIS, despite being around since 1988. ISIS has been around for 3 years.